If you happened to miss our 3 part webinar series on nutrition, catch the recordings here!
Vendor Relations and Employee Engagement - Series Part 1
- Participants will understand the importance of institutional leadership support for healthy vending efforts.
- Participants will become familiar with key strategies to providing healthy vending options including policy efforts.
- Participants will become more comfortable communicating with their vendors to encourage lasting change.
Dan Newhoff, Wellness Coordinator, Box Butte General Hospital
Scott Alwin, MSPT, MS, HSA, Chief Ancillary Officer, Box Butte General Hospital
Nutrition Environment Measurement Survey - Vending (NEMS-V) Healthy Snacks and Guidelines - Series Part 2
- Participants will be able to understand what makes an item green, yellow, or red.
- Participants will be familiar with common snack items available in Nebraska and their nutrient profile.
- Participants' knowledge of the NEMS-V resources and tools will increase.
Carol Voss, MEd, RDN, LDN, Nutrition Coordinator, Iowa Department of Public Health
Teresa Smith, PhD, MS, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition
Vending Promotion and Education Opportunities - Series Part 3
- Participants' knowledge of promotional strategies will increase.
- Participants will be able to describe 2 effective strategies when communicating with their employees to promote healthy vending.
- Participants will be familiar with Snack & Go Vending materials that are available to them for use.
Kristin Webb, Brand & Communications Manager, Emspace Group
Sarah Schram, MS, RD, WIC Supervisor, Douglas County Health Department